Wednesday, November 17, 2010

No Wedding Quilt Wednesday

No progress on the wedding quilt today, unless thinking about the quilt and not doing anything about said thoughts could be considered working on the quilt. It was, however, a quilting day today. Everyday for the last five days has been quilting day. I am chugging away at a lap quilt for my grandma; the first free motion quilt I have ever attempted.

Since I am an overachiever, I finished the meandering stitches on the centre of the quilt and decided to try pebble quilting one of the borders. I had no idea what pebble quilting was until I discovered http://www.handmadebyalissa.com/pebblequilting/ . My pebble quilting looks atrocious compared  the stuff featured on that site but I am really enjoying the texture that my hurried, uneven circles are giving.
 Pebble quilting uses a ton of thread and the thread for this quilt cost more than the fabric! The process has been long, I get about four, fifteen minute sessions of quilting done a day because any longer than fifteen minutes and the sewing machine pedal is so hot it burns my foot. I am just thankful my sweet little Apollo can't crawl yet so he is safe sitting on the floor of my sewing room, playing with his toys.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can't get over how much he's grown! He'll be crawling by the time we get there! Or else he'll figure it out pretty quickly once Z starts trying to pick him up and cuddle him, cooing 'baby, baby' :)
    The pebble effect there looks really great. Way to go Amanda!

    ReplyDelete