Wednesday, April 18, 2012

WIP Wednesday

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
This week's work in progress is something of which I am just a small part. My part of the WIP is complete and on its way to the UK. I am participating in a group quilt for Siblings Together. It is a charity in the UK that works to provide activities and gatherings for siblings separated by the care system for them to be together. This is something that strikes very close to home as my nephew (soon to be adopted by The Aunties) has been separated from his brother by the foster care system.

When asked what she wanted for her birthday my sister told me that she wanted me to donate something I had made to a charity. I was stuck for an idea of what to make and where to donate but last Friday, Maria from http://sewlovetosew.blogspot.ca/ randomly happened by my blog via a link party and commented on my finished quilt. When I clicked through to her blog, her post was about the Siblings Together quilt project. What luck!

Quilts for Siblings Together

The charity is in the UK and doing an entire quilt would be killer to ship and let's be honest, I have a lot on my plate and one more quilt might just push me over the edge. Fortunately Maria had put a call out for 9 Patch blocks in a style to suit an older teen boy. Perfect!

I made three last night and popped them in the mail this morning. Happy Birthday Amy!

Linked up at
The Needle and Thread Network

8 comments:

  1. That's such a neat idea! What a great idea from your sister for her birthday present, and your blocks are perfect for a teen boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is absolutely amazing! and such an awesome birthday gift!!! i absolutely love the idea! Thanks so much! Iam thrilled that the teen boy will love this quilt! thanks so much for listening to what i want..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so tickled to have discovered your blog, Amanda. I love the quilt project, and those cute fabrics (I recognize a couple of patterns from my own stash)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. I love the photography on your blog. I aspired to that once back in the day but I just don't have the eye for it.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely request from your sister and such an amazing project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely project, so good of you to participate and blog about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have come and gone with blogging for the past few years but this has been the first time I have kept at it.

      Delete