Last night, after the boys went to bed I attempted my first project from Curves Camp week 3. It was going along smoothly and the blocks looked great, until , I trimmed them wrong and they were all so very wrong. I can likely save the squares to make cards or to put in a scrappy quilt but the drunkard's path block will have to be redone.
Frustrated with my mistake I decided I needed to watch some Criminal Minds and chill out. For me chilling out means knitting or hand sewing (because I am a fidgeter and I can't stop moving or I will die!), so I hauled out the easiest project I have going. Sixty six stitches of straight garter stitch (doesn't get much easier than this).
I am making an original Dr. Who scarf; not the 20 foot one from the pilot but the 10 foot version that replaced the unwieldy 20 footer when the show got the go ahead. I am not Dr. Who geek enough to know all this, I got the info from http://www.doctorwhoscarf.com/ (yes a website dedicated to the Dr Who scarf). I am using the pattern for the original scarf but I am doing it all in Knit Picks Wool of the Andes (because I am cheap like that).
Tonight, after a bedtime struggle with G, I fully intended to get going on the drunkard's path block but instead I plopped down in my chair, ordered some fabric (unbelievable I know ) and reached for the glorious simplicity that is 66 stitches of straight garter stitch. I think a night or so of this may be just what the doctor ordered.